Thursday, June 4, 2009

Feelings of Mediocracy

Have you ever felt so inadequate in comparison, or just mediocore? Lately because of school I have had this feeling constantly in my heart. Questions such as 'Why am I not good enough?' or 'Why do I have no gifts or talents?' has meandered in my mind for quite some time. Some people may remedy this as low self esteem or just being overdramatic, but I simply see myself as a completely average human being with no 'special factor'. And it doesn't help that all my friends are all either academically, musically, or artistically gifted. If not that, they are truly kind in spirit, incredibly funny, or amazingly witty. As I'm surrounded by such talented people, it's hard to see the good things of myself. Or even something that I'm the 'best' at. It's hard, but I'm hanging on. Only 3 more weeks of school left... Sigh. This year has been really rough for me- my grades slipped compared to last year, and I thoroughly did not enjoy any of the courses I took except French. But I know God has a plan for me and this is just the knocking of the dominoes to reach the final product. Let's hope for a good ending of this school year.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP