Monday, June 15, 2009

Mon cheri...

Credit : Amazon
I had just finished Cheri, Colette's masterpiece of a romance novel. It's soon coming out in a movie form, starring Rupert Friend and Michelle Pfeiffer. Reading this delectable piece makes me eager to see the sparks between Rupert and Michelle even more. Although it's roughly translated from French to English, Colette still manages to instill a great theme of age, beauty, and meaning of life. Personally, I love the character of Lea, the 50 year old cougar that lured in the young Cheri. She represents all independent women through her personal wealth, personality, and how she carries herself. Although I do admit, having an affair with a 20 year old man when you are in your 50s is a bit creepy, I love her for not depending on anyone and being fiercely herself. Cheers to Colette.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP