Saturday, May 30, 2009

Lolli, Lolli, Lolli, Lollipop




Sorry I'm spewing all this Korean stuff at you guys. I'm just super excited for my trip this summer! I have a whole list planned out and a Moleskine to record all my adventures. :) But more on that later. Currently, Lollipop by 2NE1 ft. Big Bang is replaying over and over in my head. Not only is the song addictive, the video features candy colored wardrobes of both Big Bang (the boys) and 2NE1 (the girls). Korea is super conservative when it comes to culture- songs that are slightly provacative can be banned in radio stations, tv, etc. So, Korean music and tv can get boring sometimes, filled with the same garbage just recycled constantly. 2NE1 is a good forray into a unique sense of self- breaking the mold. And of course it makes sense this new revolution is styled by Xin and Danny, both of whom are Daul Kim's friends. I can't wait to see what else they have in store!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP